WILD RIVER TIMBER
care & maintenance
CARE AND MAINTENANCE GUIDE
At Wild River Timber Flooring we want you to understand the idiosyncrasies of your naturally oiled floor so you can best maintain and prolong its appearance and structural integrity. The below instructions are in relation to Wild River Timber Flooring products from the Classic and Endeavor ranges only. Coating your floor on completion of installing your floor it is mandatory that your floor has a Whittle Waxes object oil or hardwax oil applied by an accredited installer. All floors must be cleaned with Whittle Waxes floor care.
NOTE: If you have a UV oiled floor, the oil is not mandatory.
- Use a soft brush broom when sweeping your floor
- Use Whittle Waxes Floor Care Concentrate when
mopping at all times
- Use only foam mops when mopping floor
- Use your sink(s) in conjunction with a bucket to ensure each time your mop contacts the floor, it is not applying dirty water
- Use Whittle Waxes object or evolution oil to spot oil dry spots or areas of heavy traffic
- Have your floor re- oiled every 5 years as a minimum to ensure longevity and richness of colour. (All areas with underfloor heating are required to be re- oiled every year)
- Ensure all furniture legs and bases are covered in thick felt or rubber stoppers to avoid scratching
- Attend to spills immediately
- Do not use micro-fibre mops or brooms as this may draw oil from your floor
- Do not use a steam mop
- Do not use any bleach, ammonia or caustic cleaners to clean the floor
- Do not drag any heavy items/ furniture across floor
- Avoid wear from stiletto’s or sharp heels where possible
- Do not use any other product to mop your floor than what is recommended. This may dry out or discolour your floor
- Do not attempt to sand, re-stain or change the look of your floor before consulting a Wild River Technician
- Do not exceed 22 Degrees with underfloor heating
To keep your timber floors and surfaces looking their best and to help protect them for years to come, it is important to keep them clean and to maintain the wax layer. The surface of a floor is damaged by abrasive particles which wear away at the floors finish. Dust and dirt accumulate and when walked upon have a similar effect to sandpaper.
Using the Cleaning and Maintenance Kit for general routine cleaning and/or maintenance replenishes the surface through the application of additional wax.
General Cleaning - Floor Care Concentrate only
For routine cleaning when your floor or surface is looking dull or requires a deep clean.
When your floor looks dull or dirty you can clean it using Floor Care Concentrate. Designed to clean and maintain wooden floors, it contains vegetable oils and carnauba wax. This results in the surface being cleaned, whilst at the same time applying a thin, replenishing and protective layer of wax.
Floor Care Concentrate has a neutral PH value and contains no solvents, detergents or soaps so is friendly to use.
Other brands of floor and surface cleaning products may contain bleach or detergent that can damage your floors Hard-wax Oil finish.
Directions for use
Never allow wood to remain damp or wet for any great length of time to prevent swelling of the wood.
- Remove loose dust and dirt using a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment.
- Dilute 25-50ml (General cleaning) of Treatex Floor Care into 5 litres of warm water.
- Mop the surface with your solution ensuring that the mop is damp and not soaking wet
- Allow the surface to dry
General maintenance - floor care concentrate and wax polish
To replenish floor or surface areas showing signs of wear that do not require a fresh coat of Hard-wax Oil, the best option is general maintenance through an application of Wax Polish.
Wax Polish is an easy to apply clear polish designed to refresh worn wooden surfaces finished with Hard-wax Oil. Wax Polish is manufactured on a base of natural sustainable raw materials and forms a durable, water repellent and non-slip finish.
Directions for use
- Remove loose dust and dirt using a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment
- Clean the surface with Preparation Cleaner• Allow the surface to dry completely
- Apply Wax Polish to a small area at a time by either:
a) Wiping on a very thin coat (using your lint free cloth) taking not to leave marks
b) By using a white pad under a slow bung machine ensuring the surface is bued until there are no swirl marks
- In either case allow to dry for three to four hours
If you have any questions regarding any of the above details or are still unsure how to look after your floor, please do not hesitate to contact your place of purchase, they will be happy to help.
Wild River Timber Flooring work alongside Whittle Waxes for the best German manufactured flooring coatings.
find a reseller!
place your postcode
and we'll provide the closest reseller
Visit the reseller page
by clicking the button
+613 5972 1111
61-63 Access Way
Carrum Downs 3201